Studio E Architects is seeking a talented, organized, and highly motivated candidate to work in a collaborative, team environment in our San Diego studio. The full time Entry Level Designer will work closely with the principals and project managers in the design development and coordination of multiple architectural projects, primarily multi-family housing.
About us: Founded in 1987, Studio E Architects is a twenty-person collaborative. The award-winning firm has built a varied body of work including affordable housing, mixed-use infill development, charter schools, university, civic, and urban planning projects. The work of the firm is noted for its understanding of place, its authenticity, and its inventive optimism.
Entry Level Designer responsibilities include:
- Generate 3D renderings/visualizations and project presentation graphics including illustrative plans and diagrams;
- Generate graphic content for proposals, material boards, and design presentations;
- Assist with the Revit model within the office and with project consultants;
- Assist with development and coordination of construction documents;
- Assist in the permitting and plan check process with the local jurisdictions;
- Support project team members with various office related tasks
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program;
- 1-3 years’ experience in an architectural office;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Revit, SketchUp, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to self-start and stay on task;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Sensitivity to design and aesthetics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred but not necessary to be considered:
- Experience using AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office
Benefits include – 401K Plan offered; accrued paid vacation; employee health insurance plan premium or equal stipend; dental insurance offered; professional development support.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and work sample in PDF format (10Mb max) or link to digital portfolio. Applicant must provide samples of work along with list of software used in the image creation.
Contact: Mathilda Bialk