We are seeking a qualified, highly motivated candidate to fill a full-time Job Captain position in our San Diego studio. The Job Captain will assist the Project Manager/Architect in the design development and coordination of multiple architectural projects, primarily multi-family housing.
Job Captain Responsibilities include:
- Generation and organization of the Revit model within the office and with project consultants
- Development and coordination of construction documents, including project detailing and specifications
- Knowledge of and coordination of applicable building and zoning codes into construction documents
- Assist in the coordination of consultant work
- Assist in the permitting and plan check process with the local jurisdictions
- Assist with coordinating and assigning team tasks, goals and deliverables within the team
- Assist with coordination and Quality Assurance reviews
- Assist in design and design presentations
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an architectural office
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience in Revit
- Experience with technical aspects of architecture and assembling construction documents
- Knowledge of state and local building and zoning codes including accessibility
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to self-start and stay on task
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sensitivity to design and aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred but not necessary to be considered:
- Experience with construction administration
- Experience using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Active pursuit of the IDP/licensure process
- Demonstrated experience with multi-family housing and mixed use projects is desirable
Benefits include – 401K Plan offered; accrued paid vacation; employee health insurance plan premium or equal stipend; dental discount plan; professional development support; relaxed/fun office environment.
Applicants under serious consideration for the position will be asked to take a short Revit assessment.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume and work sample in PDF format (10Mb max) or link to digital portfolio.
Contact: Mathilda Bialk