Studio E Architects is seeking a qualified, highly motivated candidate to fill a full-time Project Manager position in our San Diego office. The successful candidate will work directly with the Principal-In-Charge in the design development and coordination of multiple architectural projects. We are specifically looking for a Project Manager who is detail-oriented, with excellent technical abilities and hands-on experience with complex projects in Revit.
Founded in 1987, Studio E Architects is a fifteen-person collaborative led by two principals, Eric Naslund and John Sheehan. The award-winning firm has built a varied body of work including affordable housing, mixed-use infill development, charter schools, university, civic, and urban planning projects. The work of the firm is noted for its understanding of place, its authenticity and its inventive optimism.
Project Manager Responsibilities include:
- Assist Principal-In-Charge with establishing projects schedules, deliverables and milestones;
- Generation and organization of the Revit model within the office and with project consultants;
- Lead a project team and coordinate the work of consultants;
- Lead and organize client and team meetings;
- Development and coordination of construction documents, including project detailing and specifications;
- Knowledge of and coordination of applicable building and zoning codes into construction documents;
- Manage the permitting and plan check process with the local jurisdictions;
- Lead coordination and Quality Assurance reviews;
- Assist in design and design presentations;
- Coordination of construction administration effort.
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an architectural office;
- Experience in the design, documentation and construction of complex buildings;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience in Revit;
- Experience with technical aspects of architecture and assembling construction documents;
- Knowledge of state and local building and zoning codes including accessibility;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines;
- Ability to self-start and stay on task;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Sensitivity to design and aesthetics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with construction administration.
Preferred but not necessary to be considered:
- Experience using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Active pursuit of the IDP/licensure process;
- Demonstrated experience with multi-family housing and mixed use projects is desirable.
Benefits include – 401K Plan offered; accrued paid vacation; employee health insurance plan premium or equal stipend; dental discount plan; professional development support; relaxed/fun office environment.
Applicants under serious consideration for the position will be asked to take a short Revit assessment.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume and work sample in PDF format (10Mb max) or link to digital portfolio. No phone calls please. Must currently reside in California.
Contact: Mathilda Bialk