Studio E Architects is seeking a talented, highly motivated candidate to work in a collaborative, team environment in our San Diego studio. The full-time Project Architect/Senior Job Captain will work directly with the Principal-In-Charge or Project Manager in the design development and coordination of multiple architectural projects, primarily multi-family housing. We are specifically looking for a Project Architect/Senior Job Captain who is detail-oriented, with excellent communication and technical abilities and hands-on experience with complex projects in Revit.
Project Architect/Senior Job Captain Responsibilities include:
- Generation and organization of the Revit model within the office and with project consultants;
- Development and coordination of construction documents, including project detailing and basis of design;
- Knowledge of and coordination of applicable building and zoning codes into construction documents;
- Coordination of the consultant team;
- Manage the permitting and plan check process with the local jurisdictions ;
- Assist with establishing project schedules, deliverables and milestones;
- Assist with coordination and assigning team tasks, goals and deliverables within the team;
- Assist with coordination of Quality Assurance reviews;
- Assist in design and design presentations;
- Assist in the coordination of construction administration effort;
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program;
- Minimum 7 years experience in an architectural office;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience in Revit;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with technical aspects of architecture and assembling construction documents;
- Knowledge of state and local building and zoning codes including accessibility;
- Ability to prioritize tasks against deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to self-start and stay on task;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Sensitivity to design and aesthetics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with construction administration
- Experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft office.
Preferred but not necessary to be considered:
- Active pursuit of the IDP/licensure process
- Demonstrated experience with multi-family housing and mixed-use projects is desirable
Benefits include – 401K Plan offered; accrued paid vacation; employee health insurance plan premium or equal stipend; dental insurance offered; professional development support.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume and work sample in PDF format (10Mb max) or link to digital portfolio.
Contact: Mathilda Bialk